Job Title: Claims Analyst
Reports to: Manager, Claims
Job Location: Glastonbury, CT
This is an entry to mid-level position designed to allow the appropriate candidate to grow and develop skills and expertise and transition to more complex claim handling responsibilities. Works under general supervision and reports to a Team Leader and/or Manager. Achieve superior customer service and claim handling at the most reasonable cost/efficiency by completing essential claim adjudication tasks including denying, settling, or requesting payments for claims based on coverage and proof of loss.
- Corresponds through verbal/written communication with policyholders, claimants, travel coordinators, etc. to gather important information to support claim decision.
- Serve as a customer advocate in all interactions to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Productivity (Review, assess, and process claims with adhering to established SLAs)
- # completed per day, # checks written per week; Prompt responses to all status calls (next business day standard)
- Maintain SLAs on DOI, Attorney Demand and BBB complaints
- Quality (Deliver complete, timely, and accurate work)
- Adhere to documented procedures and be thorough in file documentation of spreadsheets and diary
- Minimum number of claim appeals or overturned due to analyst error
- Manage work queue independently, Take ownership of claim decisions and work queue
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal, Consistently provide high-level customer service
- Recognize fraud and subrogation opportunities and refer to appropriate expert
- In accordance with policy language, demonstrate open-mindedness as situation requires.
- Demonstrate reliability (attendance, punctuality, time management)
- Show respect for co-workers and external contacts (customers, agents, third party providers, etc.)
- Be a positive influence in the unit and show commitment to supporting team goals (e.g., eliminating backlogs)
- Demonstrated Other Measures
- Leadership (willingness to put forth ideas to improve unit performance)
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism (coachable)
- Support of Team TII or other community initiatives
- Continuous acquisition, development, and refinement of your skills as a claim professional
- Embrace and practice Pete’s Principles
- Solid knowledge of principles and processes for claim examination, evaluation, and disposition
- Strong problem solving and decision making , and active listening skills
- Ability to adjust readily to multiple demands and constituencies, shifting priorities, and rapid change
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the audience via phone, email, and in writing
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated keyboard skills, solid knowledge of technology used for claims administration, and familiarity with Microsoft office software
- Prior customer service experience, within a claim environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Full-time Travel Insured International associates are offered benefits including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with employer contributions
* Medical / Dental / Vision / Short Term Disability / Life Insurance /Educational assistance program
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Business casual dress
* Volunteer and Extracurricular opportunities – Team TII
Travel Insured International Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, upload your resume and complete an assessment.