Job Title: Claims Phone Support I
Reports To: Manager, Claims
Job Location: Glastonbury, CT
Provide excellent claim call center service and support to Travel Insured customers and travel agents as well as supporting claim unit personnel to achieve unit service goals.
- Provide daily phone coverage for the Claims 800 number to service and support Travel Insured customers and travel agents.
- Assist customers by setting up claim first notices, advising on requirements for a complete submission of required documents and the process for sending applicable claim forms by email and/or mail.
- Provide accurate and timely answers to routine claim inquiries with appropriate notations in the TIC diary.
- Serve as customer advocate in all interactions to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Support department objectives and service levels.
- Document complex inquiries and claim status calls and forward to the appropriate claim unit member.
- Perform other related duties as needed to fulfill job and unit needs.
- Embrace and practice Pete’s Principles.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Strong active listening skills demonstrated by giving full attention to what other people are saying
- Ability to communicate information verbally and in writing so that others will understand the message being conveyed
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft office software
- One to two years of prior customer service experience
- Familiarity with claims, imaging and workflow systems is a plus
- High school degree or equivalent, AA preferred
* Excellent 401(k) plan with employer contributions / Stock Purchase Plan
* Medical / Dental / Vision / Short Term Disability / Life Insurance
* Generous PTO and holidays
* Educational reimbursement / Scholarships
* Casual dress, free parking
* Volunteer and Extracurricular opportunities – Team TII
Travel Insured is a winner of Top Workplaces in Connecticut!
To apply, upload your resume and take an assessment.