What Travel Delay Covers
Benefits may be paid up to $200 per day for:
- the non-refundable, unused portion of the prepaid expenses for your trip
- reasonable accommodation, meal, telephone call and local transportation expenses incurred, up to the maximum benefit amount shown in the Confirmation of Benefits
You must be delayed for 6 hours or more while en route to or from, or during your trip to be eligible for coverage.
- any delay of a Common Carrier
- a traffic accident in which you or your traveling companion is not directly involved
- lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money
- quarantine, hijacking, strike, natural disaster, terrorism or riot
- a documented weather condition preventing you from getting to the point of departure
You must provide documentation when starting a claim. See Plan Document for details.
Coverage and benefit eligibility may vary by state.