- Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expense is excess (pays for covered expenses not already covered by your primary insurance plan)
- No coverage for Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- No coverage for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 24/7 Travel Assistance and Customer Care
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
* Trip Cancellation and Interruption are up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of Coverage for which benefits are requested and the appropriate plan cost has been paid.
** Baggage and Personal Effects has a per article limit of $250. There is a combined maximum limit of $500 for valuables. Optional Coverage only applies when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid.
These are a highlight of the benefits and coverage in your plan. Please review your Plan Document for a full list of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
Reasons for Trip Cancellation
Sickness (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured), or either of your business partners becomes sick.
Injury (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured), or either of your business partners is injured.
Death (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured), or either of your business partners dies.
Weather causes complete stoppage of your common carrier (such as airline or train) for at least 24 consecutive hours.
Traffic Accident en Route to Departure
You or your traveling companion are directly involved in a traffic accident en route to departure. Police report required.
The death or hospitalization of your destination host.
Strike causes complete stoppage of services (such as airlines) for at least 24 consecutive hours.
You or your traveling companion are victim of a felonious assault no more than 10 days before departure.
Politically motivated terrorist attack within a city on your itinerary that occurs after your purchase date and no more than 30 days before your trip.
You or your traveling companion is involved in a hijacking or quarantine.
Home or Destination Uninhabitable
Your or your traveling companion’s home or your destination is made uninhabitable by fire, flood, or other natural disaster.
Your or your traveling companion’s home is burglarized no more than 10 days before departure.
Military Duty for National Disaster
You, your traveling companion, or your family member are called to military duty, have their leave revoked, or are reassigned due to national disaster.
You or your traveling companion must appear in court to fulfill jury duty, a subpoena, or a witness requirement. You must not be a party in the legal action.
You or your traveling companion is laid off or terminated after one year of continuous employment where layoff/termination occurs.
Cancel for Work Reasons (option)
Work-related reasons for you or your traveling companion such as requirement to work during planned vacation, transfer to other city, merger/acquisition, or interruption of company operations due to disaster or bankruptcy. You can purchase the Cancel for Work Reasons option up to 14 days after your initial trip deposit. Job Loss is already a covered reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption without the purchase of the Cancel for Work Reasons option.
Non-Insurance Travel Assistance Services
Offered as part of your Medical Evacuation coverage, the Medical Evacuation assistance service provides emergency evacuation due to injury or sickness. A licensed physician coordinates with our travel assistance partner to determine the best and closest hospital if local medical facilities are not adequate. Covered costs can include: 1) land or air ambulance 2) commercial airline flight 3) medical escort.
Medical or Legal Assistance
Medical and Legal assistance services are offered in addition to your coverage for sickness or injury. They include: 1) Medical or Legal Referral 2) Bail Bond 3) Hospital Admission Guarantee (to secure hospital admission after other means have proven unsuccessful – includes advance payment if required) 4) Inoculation Information.
Passport Replacement/Visa Information
In the event your passport or visa gets lost or stolen, the assistance company will provide guidance and referrals for obtaining a replacement passport and/or foreign visas.
Lost Baggage Retrieval
Lost Baggage Retrieval assistance is offered in addition to your baggage coverage, and provides direct assistance in contacting airlines, etc., for locating your lost baggage.
Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
This service provides assistance in replacing your prescription drugs or eyeglasses. (The cost for prescription drug replacement is covered under your baggage benefit; the cost for eyeglass replacement is not covered.)
ID/Credit Recovery Assistance
Notify Creditors of Theft – Coordinate Issue of Replacement Cards – Provide Contact Information to Notify Major Credit Reporting Agencies – Assist in Setting up a Transfer or Wire – Provide Support in Obtaining Police Report – Provide a Guide to Restore Credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you just offer cancellation on its own? I don’t need anything else.
A: Several of our plans include trip cancellation. We don't currently offer a "cancellation-only" plan.
Q: Does the Rental Car Damage coverage cover liability insurance?
A: Our Rental Car Damage coverage doesn’t cover liability but does cover damage to your rental car during the trip.
Q: Why doesn’t the Lite plan offer the pre-existing medical condition waiver?
A: Our Lite plan is our most cost effective coverage, providing only essential travel benefits for the budget-minded traveler. If you are in need of the pre-existing medical condition waiver, please look at one of our other Worldwide Trip Protector products.
Q: Can I omit some of the coverage that I don’t need?
A: Our products are complete benefit packages; coverage can’t be omitted. We do offer a line of products with varying benefits and limits and are confident one of our Worldwide Trip Protector plans will be the right fit for you.
Q: Can I increase the amount on the baggage?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector Lite plan does not offer a baggage upgrade option.
Q: What is the time frame for purchasing the Cancel For Work Reason option?
A: You can add the Cancel For Work Reason option to the Worldwide Trip Protector Lite plans 1) at the time you purchase the plan AND 2) no more than 14 days after your initial trip deposit.
Q: What if my trip is longer than 30 days?
A: Our Trip Protector Lite is only available for trips up to 30 days. If your trip is longer than 30 days it can be insured with either the Worldwide Trip Protector or Worldwide Trip Protector Plus.
Q: Can the plan information be mailed?
A: The Trip Protector Lite fulfillment is via email. Your Confirmation of Benefits and Plan Document will be forwarded to your email address immediately after purchase.
- Our most cost effective travel protection plan, which offers basic coverage for budget-minded travelers.
- 1 year job loss protection and terrorism coverage.
- Plan options available - Cancel For Work Reasons, Medical Upgrade and Rental Car Damage.
- Plan removes coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and supplier bankruptcy/default to help save you money.
- If default and pre-existing medical conditions should be covered, move up to Worldwide Trip Protector or select our Worldwide Trip Protector Plus plan.
Did You Know?
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
- Travel Assistance services include Hospital Admission Guarantee, with advance payment if required.
- Illness/accident suffered by you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member (insured or uninsured) or your business partner included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption.
- Travel Insured International's underwriter for this plan, United States Fire Insurance Company, maintains an A (Excellent) AM Best 2016 rating.
- Travel Insured International maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
You will be provided with a complete Plan Document upon purchase of the plan. If you would like to review the Plan Document, please click here.