- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense is primary (pays for covered expenses without regard to other insurance or coverage that you may have)
- Pre-existing Medical – you are eligible for Pre-existing Medical Conditions coverage if you purchase the plan up to 21 days after your initial trip deposit, are medically able to travel at the time of purchase and insure the full non-refundable cost of your trip
- Broadest Trip Cancellation/Interruption protection
- Rental Car Damage included
- Travel Delay and Missed Connection
- Baggage Protection
- Travel Accident Protection
- 24/7 Customer Care and Expanded Travel Assistance
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
Provides reimbursement up to 100% of your full trip cost when you are forced to cancel.
Up to 100% Trip Cost*
Cancel for Any Reason**
Provides up to 75% reimbursement of your prepaid, non-refundable trip costs if you cancel 48 hours or longer before departure. Your plan must be purchased within 21 days of initial trip deposit to be eligible for the Cancel for Any Reason benefit.
Up to 75% Trip Cost*
Can reimburse you up to 150% of your trip cost when you must cut your trip short. This may cover unused vacation arrangements and added transportation costs.
Up to 150% Trip Cost*
Interrupt for Any Reason
Provides up to 75% reimbursement if you must interrupt your trip, 72 hours or more after your actual Departure Date. This may cover your unused, prepaid, non-refundable trip costs and added transportation costs.
Up to 75% Trip Cost*
Reimbursement of Miles or Reward Points
Reimburses you up to $250 for any penalty cost of putting the miles or reward points back in the account they were removed from when you must cancel your trip.
Reimburses you up to $250 for fees associated with a change to you air itinerary.
Travel Delay (6 hours)
Up to $200 per day for unused pre-paid expenses and for reasonable replacement hotel and meal costs when you are delayed 6 hours or more, up to a maximum benefit limit of $1,000.
Missed Connection (3 hours)
Reimburses up to $500 in unplanned expenses to rejoin your trip when a 3-hour flight delay causes you to miss a cruise or trip departure.
Reimburses up to $500 for activities missed due to a supplier’s itinerary change.
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense
Up to $100,000 to cover treatment costs when accident or illness strikes during your trip.
Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation
Up to $1 million to transport you to nearest treatment suitable by U.S. medical standards, transport you back to the U.S. with medical escort if needed, or transport your remains back to the U.S. in case of unexpected tragedy.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment - 24 Hour
Covers you up to $10,000 when you suffer dismemberment or death in a travel accident.
Baggage & Personal Effects
Covers up to $1,000 when bags or personal effects are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Baggage Delay (12 hours)
Reimburses up to $300 for necessary clothing and personal items when your bags are delayed 12 hours or more after your arrival at your destination.
Rental Car Damage
Up to $50,000 in coverage for damage to or loss of your rental car. (If your destination is Ireland, please contact your rental company, as many will not accept 3rd party collision coverage.)
Optional AD&D (Air Flight Only)
Coverage up to the limit purchased when you suffer dismemberment or death during air travel.
Up To the Limit Purchased
Optional Travel Benefits- Travel Delay
Doubles your Travel Delay limit to $2,000
$1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits- Missed Connection
Doubles your Missed Connection limit to $1,000
$500 (For a total of $1,000)
Optional Travel Benefits- Baggage & Personal Effects
Doubles your Baggage & Personal Effects limit to $2,000
$1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits- Baggage Delay
Doubles your Baggage Delay limit to $600.
$300 (For a total of $600)
* Trip Cancellation and Interruption are up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of Coverage for which benefits are requested and the appropriate plan cost has been paid.
**Plan must be purchased within 21 days of your initial trip deposit to be eligible for Cancel for Any Reason coverage.
*** Baggage and Personal Effects has a per article limit of $250. There is a combined maximum limit of $500 for valuables.
Optional Coverage only applies when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid.
$0 Trip Cost means there is no coverage for Trip Cancellation, Cancel for Any Reason, or Interrupt for Any Reason; Trip Interruption up to $1,000 return air only.
These are a highlight of the benefits and coverage in your plan. Please review your Plan Document for a full list of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
Reasons for Trip Cancellation
Sickness (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured) or either of your business partners becomes sick.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions
Purchase your plan no longer than 21 days after your initial trip deposit, to be eligible for trip cancellation/interruption due to the recurrence of a pre-existing medical condition affecting you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), or either of your family members (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured).
Injury (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured) or either of your business partners is injured.
Death (includes family)
You, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), a member of either of your families (spouse, parent, child, domestic partner, or other family relation, insured or uninsured) or either of your business partners dies.
Cancel for Any Reason
Cancel for Any Reason up to 48 hours prior to scheduled departure. The Cancel for Any Reason benefit covers 75% of non-refundable trip costs. You are eligible for Cancel for Any Reason coverage as long as you purchase your plan within 21 days of initial trip deposit.
Cancel for Work Reasons
Work-related reasons for you or your traveling companion such as requirement to work during planned vacation, transfer to other city, merger/acquisition, or interruption of company operations due to disaster or bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy or default of your travel supplier that occurs more than 14 days after you purchase your plan. (Benefit applies only if you purchase your plan no longer than 21 days after your initial trip deposit.)
Weather causes complete stoppage of your common carrier (such as airline or train) for at least 24 consecutive hours.
Traffic Accident en Route to Departure
You or your traveling companion are directly involved in a traffic accident en route to departure. Police report required.
Mandatory evacuation at your destination due to hurricane or other natural disaster.
The death or hospitalization of your destination host.
Strike causes complete stoppage of services (such as airlines) for at least 24 consecutive hours.
You or your traveling companion are victim of a felonious assault no more than 10 days before departure.
Politically motivated terrorist attack within a city on your itinerary that occurs after your purchase date and no more than 30 days before your trip.
You or your traveling companion is involved in a hijacking or quarantine.
School Year Extension
School year is extended beyond normal session for you, your traveling companion, or your children.
Home or Destination Uninhabitable
Your or your traveling companion’s home or your destination is made uninhabitable by fire, flood, or other natural disaster.
Your or your traveling companion’s home is burglarized no more than 10 days before departure.
Military Duty for National Disaster
You, your traveling companion, or your family member are called to military duty, have their leave revoked, or are reassigned due to national disaster.
Jury Duty /Subpoena/Witness
You or your traveling companion must appear in court to fulfill jury duty, a subpoena, or a witness requirement. You must not be a party in the legal action.
You or your traveling companion becomes pregnant after plan purchase date.
You will be attending a family member’s childbirth, if pregnancy occurred after your purchase date.
50% Trip Missed Due to Missed Connection
You lose 50% or more of trip duration due to reasons covered under your Missed Connection benefit.
You or your traveling companion is laid off or terminated after one year of continuous employment where layoff/termination occurs.
NOAA Hurricane Warning at Destination
Your Trip destination is under a hurricane warning issued by the NOAA National Hurricane Center. Cancellation must occur at least 14 days following Your Effective Date.
Theft of Passports/Visas
You or your traveling companion has a documented theft of your passports or visas.
Non-Insurance Travel Assistance Services
Offered as part of your Medical Evacuation coverage, the Medical Evacuation assistance service provides emergency evacuation due to injury or sickness. A licensed physician coordinates with our travel assistance partner to determine the best and closest hospital if local medical facilities are not adequate. Covered costs can include: 1) land or air ambulance 2) commercial airline flight 3) medical escort.
Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation
If you require Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation, the assistance service will arrange and pay for evacuation from a safe departure point to the nearest safe location.
Medical or Legal Assistance
Medical and Legal assistance services are offered in addition to your coverage for sickness or injury. They include: 1) Medical or Legal Referral 2) Bail Bond 3) Hospital Admission Guarantee (to secure hospital admission after other means have proven unsuccessful – includes advance payment if required) 4) Inoculation Information.
Passport Replacement/Visa Information
In the event your passport or visa gets lost or stolen, the assistance company will provide guidance and referrals for obtaining a replacement passport and/or foreign visas.
Lost Baggage Retrieval
Lost Baggage Retrieval assistance is offered in addition to your baggage coverage, and provides direct assistance in contacting airlines, etc., for locating your lost baggage.
Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
This service provides assistance in replacing your prescription drugs or eyeglasses. (The cost for prescription drug replacement is covered under your baggage benefit; the cost for eyeglass replacement is not covered).
ID /Credit Recovery Assistance
– Notify Creditors of Theft – Coordinate Issue of Replacement Cards – Provide Contact Information to Notify Major Credit Reporting Agencies – Assist in Setting up a Transfer or Wire – Provide Support in Obtaining Police Report – Provide a Guide to Restore Credit.
- Emergency Correspondence and Business Communication Assistance - Assistance Locating Services such as Express/Overnight Delivery, Internet Cafes, Print/Copy - Arrangements for Telephone and Web Conferencing - Emergency Phone/Fax/Email/Text Messages to Customers and Associates - Weather, Travel Delay, Flight Status - Worldwide Business Directory for Equipment Repair/Replacement - Emergency Travel Arrangements.
- Pre-trip Assistance - Destination Profiles - Directions, Contact Information, & Reservations - Meet and Greet Service - Local Guides and Tours - Access to Ticket Services for Events - Tee Time Reservations - Shopping Assistance - Procurement of Hard-to-Find Items - Floral Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you just offer cancellation on its own? I don’t need anything else.
A: Several of our plans include trip cancellation. We don't currently offer a "cancellation-only" plan.
Q: Does the rental car damage benefit cover liability insurance?
A: Our rental car damage benefit doesn’t cover liability but does cover damage to your rental car during the trip.
Q: Can I omit some of the coverage that I don’t need?
A: Our products are complete benefit packages; coverage can’t be omitted. We do offer a line of products with varying benefits and limits and are confident one of our Worldwide Trip Protector plans will be the right fit for you.
Q: Can I increase the amount on the baggage?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector Plus plan offers the Travel Benefits Upgrade, which will double the coverage limits of your Baggage & Personal Effects, Missed Connection, Trip Delay, and Baggage Delay benefits.
Q: Is there an additional charge if the trip exceeds 30 days?
A: There is an additional $8 per-person, per-day charge if your trip is more than 30 days. This plan can be purchased for a maximum of 180 days.
Q: Can the plan information be mailed?
A: Yes, you can choose to have your plan information mailed or emailed. If you select email as your fulfillment method Your Confirmation of Benefits and Plan Document will be delivered to your email address immediately after purchase.
- Available to U.S. residents of all ages.
- Purchase your plan within 21 days of your initial trip deposit to be eligible for Cancel for Any Reason coverage.
- Maximum trip duration is 180 days.
Did You Know?
- Illness/accident suffered by you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member (insured or uninsured) or your business partner is included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption and within Pre-existing Medical Conditions protection.
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
- Travel Assistance services include Hospital Admission Guarantee, with advance payment if required.
- Because an early and unexpected return home in addition to your lost expenses can cost more than your original trip, Trip Interruption for this plan covers up to 150% of trip cost.
- Travel Insured International's underwriter for this plan, United States Fire Insurance Company, maintains an A (Excellent) AM Best 2015 rating.
- Travel Insured International maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
You will be provided with a complete Plan Document upon purchase of the plan. If you would like to review the Plan Document, please click here.