Plans That Include Travel Delay Coverage
Coverage and benefit eligibility may vary by state.
What Travel Delay Covers
Travel Delay coverage starts on your departure date and covers you against expenses due to minimum delays, to or from your destination, of 6 or 12 hours depending upon your travel protection plan.
Expenses can include:
- extended boarding of your pet
- non-refundable pre-payments for the part of your cruise or tour you missed due to the delay
There are limits per day on covered expenses specified in each plan.
Covered Reasons for Travel Delay
Covered Travel Delays include:
- a flight cancellation or delay
- a traffic accident in which you or your traveling companion are not directly involved
- a strike, a hijacking or natural disaster
- losing money, a passport or valuables while traveling
- quarantine, terrorism or riot
- documented weather condition preventing you from getting to the point of departure